Watering Instructions: The key to successful lawn health.
To maximize seed germination:
- Watering = Results
- Keep seeds evenly moist, but not flooded, as seed will wash away
- Water twice/day for about 15-20 min depending on your sun/shade conditions
- Super sunny and windy areas dry out more rapidly than shady spots
New seedlings are very susceptible to drying out
- Gently water the new sprouts once or twice a day, for ~20min
- Gently move sprinklers around to cover all lawn areas
- Soil should be moist but not soggy
- Continue to water regularly until turf growth is slowed by cool weather
When is the best time to water?
- Early morning, before the sun’s rays begin drying the soil.
- Your second watering can be done just before your soil surface fully dries out—this will depend in your sun/shade and wind conditions AND whether or not we’ve had any rain.
Is your sprinkler doing its job?
- Sprinklers can get cranky. To check efficiency, spread a few soup or tuna cans in watering zone and compare amounts collected.
Tired of worrying about time spent sprinkling?
- Hose timers can help watering stay on track when you’re not present (found at box stores, amazon, etc…)
- You set the time you want it to run and walk away… like magic
Want an irrigation system installed?
- We install new systems, rain sensors, repair heads, lines and routinely check your system.
- They are more affordable than you think.
- Spring openings
- Winter Closing